Thursday, January 7, 2010

Ice-skating

Today my oldest son and I went ice-skating. We had sunny weather, but it was freezing cold, -18 degrees celsius! It was his first time on the ice, and we had a lot of fun, but we couldn`t stay out too long because of the temperature.



I am currently working on some very secret miniatures. Two of the members of our local dollhouse club (Siv and Rita) and I are exchanging advent calendar gifts this year! We all make 24 gifts (2 of each kind), and get 12 gifts back from each person. I am so excited about this! I have begun making the miniatures now so that I`ll have plenty of time to finish them all. So far I have a couple of items finished, two halfway done, but only one gift/day completely done.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I remember how my daughter and I used to ice skate in our back yard or park when we lived in Quebec. Minus 15 degrees was perfect weather for skating. Once however, we went out to skate on the lake, it was freezing cold and there was no one around, which was very strange! After about an hour we could no longer stand the cold. In the car, on the way home, we turned the radio on. Only to hear warnings to stay indoors as it was -35!

    Good luck with the miniatures you are making. You sound very organized!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great little project.

    ReplyDelete