Monday, December 28, 2009

The evolution of a dining room

The dining room in my first dollhouse has gone trough several changes over the years. This is what it looked like in the beginning, almost ten years ago now...


Then I decided to redecorate the house and turn it into an Inn. I sold almost every single piece of furniture and miniature I had in this house and started fresh.

I bought this scrapbooking paper to use as wallpaper, and I installed wooden flooring.



But I thought the wallpaper was too bright and shiny, and the dark Bespaq furniture was...well... too dark!
So I tried to age the walls with some paint, and I made some new tables. I`m not done with the table linen, but you get an idea of how it is going to look. I am going to decorate this room as if someone is having their wedding at the Inn.


3 comments:

  1. Ja her skjer det stadig noe:)Lekkert speil,gleder meg til å se rommet ferdig .

    Janne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Blog!! We have a wide range of Cheap Dining Room Furniture which helps you to reset your dining room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for a makeover! I'm already looking forward to pictures as you progress.

    ReplyDelete