Sunday, February 28, 2010

My dollhouse space

I just wanted to share some pictures of where I keep my dollhouses and supplies. We live in an appartment, so the space is limited. I have two big wardrobes in our master bedroom where I keep all of my seven dollhouses, all of my dollhouse books and magazines, all of my building-supplies, tools and everything miniature related. I even have room for some stuff in there that is not miniature-related. I`m still amazed at how much stuff I have made room for in there! Needless to say, I have to keep everything tidy and organized, and I try not to keep things that I don`t really need.



My dream is to move to a big house, and to have my own workroom. I would love to have somewhere to work on my minis without having to put everything away until the next time I`m working on them. Since I have two boys at age 2 and 4, I can`t leave anything out, they`d be all over it. Ah well.... Someday.... :-D

13 comments:

  1. Wow Mimmi, you are impressively organized! It is a pity though that your beautiful collection can not be exhibited, so I hope that you can soon move to a house big enough where you can display them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mimmi, don't hold your breath on sons moving out. Mine are still here aged almost 28 and 24! I think I've got them till they're 50. I've got my eye on eldest son's room as he has a lovely double window but I'm not holding my breath.

    You certainly look very organised with the system you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am lucky enough to have a work/craft room with the rest of the family and leave most of my work in progress out. My girl at 5 always ask before looking with her fingers but my boy at 3 do I have so say more... SMILE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Untill you get a large house...it´s a great idea with the wardropes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a good idea. My houses are in the basement. They are on a long table that I covered with material. It's my mini neighborhood. Room for storage under them. Plus one big closet in the spare bedroom with shelving units for crafting supplies. PLUS one in the computer room with a shelving unit for small bottles of paint, glue, tools, ect. Luckily I don't need much in clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kjekt å se, du er virkelig godt organisert!
    Jeg har heller ikke eget arbeidsrom ennå, men skal prøve å få etablert et snart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your houses and you, really deserve a nice workroom!!! But it´s really fascinating how you manage to put everything into those wardrobes...wow!! Where do you keep your clothes???
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful house, and good place to put it ;) I hope i was organized like you with all of my miniatures... unfortunately, my house is a chaos, ah ah.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's amazing! I've got 5 adults living in 1000sq ft. so I really understand the challenge of space! When our grandson joins us in April things will gradually need to be more childproofed! Your solution is an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Er stadig imponert over hva du klarer å få inn i garderobeskapet, og ikke minst hvordan du organiserer alt :)

    Janne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hallo
    Jeg har en award til deg på bloggen min :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Mimi!

    I have an award for you on my blog ;-)
    Hugs
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Mimi. That's what I would like too - when I move I will have a hobby room. Your cupboard looks very tidy.

    Pan
    http://smallstuff-blogspot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete